Our pARTners are Community Organizations committed to the preservation and presentation of the Arts. Each group has been selected for one of our annual grants from the Royal Oak Arts Council. Funds are to be used to promote their organization’s performances, events and educational activities throughout the coming year.
- Common Ground Art Therapy Program – Pontiac: Our donations to the Common Ground Art Therapy program allow the purchase of sketchbooks and drawing supplies to give to people when they are discharged from the Common Ground program. Clients are able to continue “making art” after they return home or to their next place of treatment (or, sadly, to a shelter if they were homeless). These clients often comment that participating in art therapy groups is uplifting and relaxing and that it creates connections with others.
In addition to the Art Therapy program in Pontiac, funds from our grant to this program are also used at The Sanctuary, a runaway and homeless youth shelter on Washington in Royal Oak where Common Ground has more recently started an art therapy group twice a week. Our funding will also support this new venture, helping to purchase supplies and get things going.
- Royal Oak Children’s Choir
- Royal Oak Concert Band
- Royal Oak Hand bell Choirs – The two English Hand bell Choirs which are sponsored by the City of Royal Oak, have been in existence since 1988. Our 2015 grant was used to purchase two slightly used hand bell cases for transporting most of the groups handbells. The new cases replaced their original wooden cases from 1988 are constructed.similar to suitcases, with wheels and extension handles to pull them, and the interior is molded foam with specific spots for each hand bell.
- Royal Oak Symphony Orchestra
- South Oakland Art Association
- Stagecrafter’s Theatre Group
- Water Works Theatre – Shakespeare in the Park